We offer training sessions for any school or community group with the aims of making travelling by train easier and encouraging independent travel.
- How to read a timetable
- Where to find information in advance of your journey
- How to buy tickets
- What to do at a station
- How to get around a station
- What to take with you on a trip
- How to behave on a train
- What to do in an emergency
- General rail safety
- And much more……
- A free local trip on South Western Railway to put everything learned in the Train2Travel package into practice
- Station visits
- Demonstrations of buying tickets
- Talks to local train staff
- Train cab visits
- Behind the scenes visits
So far we have a trained year 6 pupils at a number of Hampshire Schools and Cub Scouts in Portsmouth and have taken groups on the Try the Train for Free events from Petersfield Dementia Friendly Group, Butser Home Start, Petersfield Challengers Charity, Youth Clubs, Sholing Cubs and Scouts groups amongst many others!
Our Try the Train for Free package can be provided separately to the Train2Travel initiative to any school or not for profit community group. We hope this will help to increase travel confidence, provide alternative group activities and bring communities together.